He will be visiting our Deanery on Tuesday October 8, 11am-2pm, at Holy Trinity Church in Ste-Agathe.
Theme: “The Church is one Foundation”
Format: Mid-day Prayer, lunch and speech from Bishop James.
RSVP by end of day on October 3, Rev. Josée Lemoine at 514-891-3081.
The new outside lighting at Holy Trinity was made possible by a bequeath from the Florence Griffin Memorial Fund. It was somewhat delayed as we needed to remove the chimneys and restore the eaves before the lighting could be installed. Ross Cole kindly accepted to be the project manager on this project and has done an outstanding job. We are very grateful for all of the gifts, financial and human, that have made this possible. Bernie MacAulay and then Prevost Lighting did a great job working under Ross’ direction.
Administrator's note: Much of this article was taken from the book Louisa and her Lake, by Herb Montgomery.
There is a long history of Anglican worship in the community of Louisa including some before there was a church building. We have some relevant information garnered from the Diocesan Archives in Montréal, which gives us an idea of early worship patterns in this area.
A record of 1820 indicates a “Deanery of St. Andrews” and a “Parish of North Gore.”
In 1838 the Reverend Wm. Arnold appears to be in charge of missions at Lakefield, Dunany, Shrewsbury and Louisa. At the 35th session of Synod in 1894, the Reverend A.B.Givens of St. Simeons, Lachute, was acknowledged to have charges at Wentworth and Louisa. Prior to and after 1894 we have excerpts from minute books of St. Simeons, Lachute, and from history records which reveal a pattern of development.